Hello people with internet access!
Queens brought up something a couple of days ago and I thought, hey, why not share my views to the world?
I've tweeted a couple (and by couple, I mean all) of these but why tweet it when you can write a two page blog post on it?
My problem with the world, is basically, everything.
Let's start with this.
"Don't let schooling interfere with your education." - Mark Twain.
This has been on my blog since the beginning of time and I live by this.
In my mind, there are only two kinds of smartness; school smart and street smart.
Everyone's so obsessed about being school smart and it pisses me off to no end. Like, why the fuck does it matter? Oh, you get better grades than others. So, what? It doesn't make you a better person, it doesn't make you a more likable person, and it certainly doesn't give you the right to condemn others on their grades.
-
I'm speaking about most Malaysians, not Australians and Malaysians because I haven't met enough people in Australia to say this about them. Also, the people here aren't as fucking stupid. No, don't get me wrong. It's not that you guys aren't smart, it's that you're too focussed on being school smart and in my book, that means you are idiots.
-
For some reason, people seem to think that if you get good grades, you must be respected by others, you must be well-liked. If you're an asshole, and you get good grades, it makes you an asshole with good grades. It doesn't change the fact that you are a shitty person. That's about it.
And the thing that pisses me off to no end is that people who are so focussed in school, that they forget everything else. School isn't everything. It's barely anything.
Don't get me wrong, if you're school smart, then; well done, you.
I just don't think we should be as school-based as we are. And there are more important things in life than to be a straight As student. And also that if you get good grades, it doesn't mean that you'll go far in life. No offence, but I don't think most people who are only school smart will get far in life. Actually, I hope you are offended.
And the thing that sucks the most is that, no matter how much I rant about these things. It's never going to change. We will always live in a society that values straight As student more than the average. I'm sort of an idealist, sue me.
I don't know if I got my point across. I seem to be jumping from idea to idea...? But if you understand my point, give me a shout or something. I'll end this post with this.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" - George Carlin.
(It has nothing to do with the post, but I described myself as an idealist and this quote popped into mind.)
No comments:
Post a Comment